Trying to work out the best way to care for your pet? Some people can find it quite hard to know what the solution will be for their own pets. For most, the choice is between hiring a pet sitter and using a kennel. Depending on what you want to get, both can have their uses. If you aren’t sure of what you should be considering for your own pet, you should start looking into what both solutions can offer you.
In House Pet Sitter
- This can make it easier for your pet to get used to being home alone. It can help your pet develop a sense of independence and even be able to stay home alone after a while.
- With a pet sitter your pet will have a routine to follow, giving it more discipline and ensuring that it will be able to relax even when you aren’t around to look after it.
- This can reduce stress for both of you. Your pet will feel like part of the family, and you won’t have a pet that struggles to control itself while home alone!
- There is a better standard of care in many ways. Your pet is looked after in its own comfortable home and is not just one of many pets being watched.
- When you come home, your house will be just as clean as you left it – no ripped up toys or cereal boxes.
Using a Kennel Service
- A kennel might put your pet in a constrained area that may make it feel uncomfortable at night.
- Your pet will be exposed to many potential sources of illness (e.g. other dogs.)
- Your pet may feel stressed by the kennel’s tight schedule and confined spaces. This could lead to your pet losing its discipline and barking and whining for attention.
- Stressed pets are not happy pets. They are also more prone to illnesses, mental or otherwise.
As you can see, kennels can be hazardous to your pet’s health. It’s not guaranteed, but do you really want to risk it? Your pet will receive better care and be happier with an in home pet sitter.
We’ll be able to give your pet the help it needs in staying active and healthy at home as well as becoming more accustomed to staying at your home. If you want to be sure that your pet is happy and stress free, consider a local in home pet sitter instead of kennels. Be sure to check out what pet services Saint Louis Dog Walkers can offer you.